The artful design of this remarkable property punctuates classic contemporary architecture with a dramatic sense of scale and geometry that blends harmoniously with the land. Situated on 61± acres atop the Mayacamas Mountains and just 15 minutes east of the historic hamlet of Geyserville, this rural wine country retreat offers majestic views, privacy and poetic beauty overlooking Alexander Valley. An unpaved private road winds upward through valley oaks, native madrones, across mountain streams and past pristine vineyards to rest at the gated entrance of this rural estate. The land is peaceful, the beauty is remarkable and the lifestyle is seductive. A small, but noteworthy, Syrah vineyard embraces the residence and provides bragging rights with its Hidden Hill vineyard designate label at Dutcher Crossing Winery. It is this enduring environment that provides the backdrop for 3155 Ridge Oaks Road.
The sophisticated design of this 4 bedroom, 3 full bath, 2 half bath hillside home features a multi-level floor plan thoughtfully designed to create purposeful spaces with vaulted ceilings and expansive windows that flood the home with natural light. The main level represents the heart of this home and connects the vibrant public space, great room, dining and kitchen. The primary bedroom suite is conveniently located on the main level, with 3 guest bedrooms and large family room/office down. Every attention to detail was considered in the selection of finishes including warm woods, broad floor to ceiling doors and windows with a soft neutral palette. Exterior decks open to extensive Alexander Valley views and a terraced garden pathway leads to pool/spa and cabana.
The property is located in the exclusive Valley View Ranch, associated with residential Vineyard subdivision, developed in the 1970’s. This has been a weekend destination for Bay Area families for decades and home to many lucky residents who are fortunate enough to call this home. Optional membership is available to The Vineyard Club, the center of activity for this intimate community. The Vineyard Lake and Clubhouse are enjoyed by those who come together for relaxing, swimming, tennis and sunfish sailing, summer barbeques and wine tasting events.
Geyserville is one of Healdsburg’s best kept secrets, known to locals and visitors for its stunning beauty, world renowned wineries and local chefs, unpretentious culture and beautiful Russian River. Located at the gateway to wine country, this has been home for generations of families enjoying the best in wine country traditions.
- 4 bedroom, 3 full and 2 half baths, 4,352± sq. ft. (per tax records)
- Contemporary architecture, 2-level
- Custom home completed in 1992 features timeless style
- Luxurious in-ground pool and terrace
- Fire resistance improvements, TruExterior™ siding and new Class A fire resistant roof
- Expansive Alexander Valley view
- Gated entrance
- Living room, dining room, family room, wine storage
- 3 fireplaces, vaulted ceilings, skylights
- Chef’s kitchen with custom cabinetry, premium appliances, granite counters
- Primary bedroom suite with fireplace and private deck on main level
- Laundry room
- Lower level with pool and garden access
- Expansive decks with panoramic views
- Alexander Valley AVA
- Valley View Ranch CC&R’s
- Nearby wine country amenities and 75 miles from San Francisco
- 2.9± acre Syrah vineyard, Dutcher Crossing vineyard designate wine