Built c. 1908 by master builder, Alexander Strain, 15 Iona Drive is a double fronted detached home of distinction situated on one of Glasnevin’s most prestigious residential roads. The handsome exterior has many wonderful attributes including a bay window at ground and first floor level, granite sills and lintels and quoins, granite capping, at the side and base of the facade. Many of the original characteristics of the house still remain. Granite steps lead through a porch and archway to the recessed hall door with ornate stained-glass detail. The wrought iron railings border the lawn of the front garden that recesses the property nicely from the road. There is also a driveway and a garage to the side of the property providing invaluable off-street parking. To the rear of the property is an amazing east facing walled garden that enjoys a sunny aspect from morning to evening and the garden’s generous proportions, extending to 35 metres / 115 ft long, are sure to delight the most discerning of purchasers.
Behind this most beautiful and imposing façade lies wonderfully proportioned accommodation with all the style and dimensions indicative of the era in which this wonderful home was built. One enters a large reception hallway to either side of the hallway are three well-proportioned reception rooms boasting 3.6m high ceilings, original fireplaces and beautiful bay windows that further enhance both of these reception rooms. A mere two steps lead to the return portion of the ground floor accommodation where there is a kitchen, pantry and utility room. The garage may be accessed from the utility room, the rear garden and the front garden. The kitchen has fitted units and interestingly the original servant bell system is in the kitchen and still functioning. The first-floor return boasts a shower room and a double bedroom that overlooks the rear garden. At first floor level there three double bedrooms and a single bedroom. The second-floor return has a double and bathroom. A stairs leads to three attic rooms and shower room. While walking through the accommodation one is instantly aware the spacious nature and period proportions of all of the rooms. The heating throughout is gas fired central heating and the integrity of the house has been largely maintained. The front door and side panel has stained glass windows. It is rare that a detached house of this size and quality is brought to the market where many of the original features have been maintained, true to the era in which the property was constructed.
Detached double fronted period house dating c. 1908 Railed garden to front providing off street parking Garage to side Three reception rooms, six bedrooms, three attic rooms Gas fired central heating PVC double glazed windows Bay window at ground and first floor level East facing rear garden extending to 35m (115ft) Some original fireplaces intact 3.30m high ceilings Original decorative coving Original staff bell system One bathroom, one shower room, two ensuite shower rooms Storeroom at ground floor level Original brick outhouses Floor area 280sqm (3013sqft) excluding garage