This historical Tuscany estate with Renaissance villa is one of the most beautiful properties of the Chianti Classico, in Tuscany, dating back to the 13th century.
The historic Renaissance Villa with its variety of classic Tuscan gardens is situated on a hill near Mercatale in Val di Pesa, 14 km from the historic center of Florence. The vineyards and olive groves that produce fine wines and oils have always covered this fascinating area.
Small villages, parish churches and castles of great cultural and historical interest make the most of this countryside.
This magnificent estate includes 1,900 mq, or more than 20,000 square feet of living space surrounded by 5 hectares. There are two luxurious private villas, additional 3 buildings with various residential accommodation.
The property consists of 5 structures, one main villa, a luxurious detached villa, large residential building with three apartments and in a separate location there is the Fattoria, which consists of four apartments and an independent house.
The main villa of approximately 500 m2, finely restored, surrounded by large terraces and private park with various gardens including a magnificent classical Italian garden. The villa consists of a large and elegant entrance with a characteristic stone staircase. The large bright main room with fireplace, with direct access to a splendid panoramic terrace for outdoor dining. There is a large kitchen and dining room, a private study and a guest toilet. On the wing of the villa on the ground floor, they house an office and a large double bedroom and bathroom. On the first floor, there are two large reception rooms, a living area and the other as a library. On this floor, it houses another four large bedrooms all with private bathrooms. From the living area, a staircase leads to a large panoramic tower.
The private Chapel dates from 1647.
This property is considerable, one of the largest in the area. The imposing master Villa is located in a dominant position on the highest point of the estate; there are three other properties on the estate. Together with the private villa, the estate offers additional accommodation.
State and finishes
All the properties have been carefully restored by local Tuscan artisans, strictly according to the rules of the "Belle Arte". Refined Tuscan colours, ceilings with wooden beams and original terracotta floors. Tastefully decorated bedrooms (air conditioning) with romantic wrought iron beds and marble bathrooms. Everywhere terraces overlooking the Tuscan countryside.
Impressive cypress trees lead to the entrance gate of the main estate, which includes a historic chapel built around 1647 and classical-inspired motifs decorated with fountains and marble sculptures. Characterized by the beauty of the Tuscan countryside, the grounds are adorned with four splendid formal gardens: the Giardini Secreto, the Lavanda Garden, the Rose Garden, the Romantic Park, olive groves, vineyards and a private forest. The estate offers many services including a playground, ping-pong and three swimming pools surrounded by large terraces, which are perfectly positioned to face the breath-taking views of the surrounding gardens, forestry and the Chianti hills.
The estate covers 5 hectares consisting of beautiful parks and private gardens, three beautiful pools and terraces.
The estate also houses a small vineyard of almost one hectare of Chianti and an olive grove with a good production of olive oil.
Ideal as a luxury resort and an important private villa.