Ref.3496: French chateau for sale on the banks of the Seine.
Located on the heights of the city prefecture of Seine et Marne, this chateau overlooks Melun and the Seine which crosses it. The train station is 2.5 km away and takes you to Paris in 25 minutes. The highway, very close too, will take you to the capital in less than an hour. Primary schools, secondary school, college and local shops are within a radius of one kilometer.
Living space : 3 000 sqm on 4 levels (72 rooms).
Ground floor: ceiling height of 6m for the main rooms.
At the entrance: entrance hall (37 sqm) serves a large rotunda living room (82 sqm) and a row of other living rooms (36 sqm, 29 sqm and 31 sqm), music rooms (35 sqm), reception room (88 sqm), dining room (35 sqm), office (48 sqm). A beautiful bedroom of 36 sqm, bathrooms (marble bath), kitchen.
Oak main staircase and wrought iron banister and service staircase.
Mezzanine with stewardship rooms.
Remarkable wood paneling under a ceiling of more than 5m adorn various rooms of the ground floor. Dating from the first half of the 18th-century, it was Samuel Bernard, the financier of Louis XIV and Louis XV, who had them moved from his Paris mansion to install them here in 1892.
Many marble style fireplaces.
The floors on the ground floor are covered with black marble cabochon stone, oak parquet floor and tiling. On the floors, parquet floors, tiled floor, and carpet.
On the 1st floor: A corridor leads to 16 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms.
On the 2nd floor: A corridor serves about twenty smaller bedrooms with their bathrooms.
Beautiful basement with large openings overlooking the garden at the back of the chateau. It contains the remains of the passage of Salvador Dali and Giorgio De Chirico who joined the restoration of the chateau in 1944 for the creation of a museum of surrealism.
The outbuildings include:
An orangery of about 300 sqm with high ceilings. Built in the 18th-century, fully restored in 2007, it serves as a venue for weddings, parties or all kinds of events.
Facilities up to standards to accommodate the public.
3 other outbuildings to renovate.
The listed park is planted with chestnut trees and many other species on a surface of 32 acres (13 ha) including 9 acres (4 ha) of lawns decorated with statues.
At the entrance of the chateau, a magnificent blue and gold wrought-iron gate open onto the main courtyard.
At the back, a large sloping lawn offers a breathtaking view of the Seine.
This chateau has the assets that it needs to develop a commercial activity.
Ideally located between the chateaus of Fontainebleau, Vaux le Vicomte and Blandy les Tours, it is at the center of an area of tourist interest.
Recall also that Paris is only 50 km.
The facades, the roofs of the chateau and the park are registered on the Additional Inventory of Historic Monuments.