Miglianico Castle is an integral part of the ancient village of Miglianico. Sitting adjacent to the Church of San Michele Arcangel, it has dominated the hills of Chieti for over a thousand years.
It is a 10-minute drive from the beaches of Francavilla al Mare and 20 minutes from the tourist port and international airport of Pescara.
The 3,000-square-meter complex was restored in 1950 by Filippo Masci and Architect Bonfanti, with an important contribution by the architect Gio Ponti. The castle was designed to be residential with small courtyards, a roof garden, large openings framing the external views, and floors designed with interwoven stone, terracotta and Neapolitan ceramics.