“Mt Somerset” is the most stunning, private and peaceful property in Far North Queensland on which you can build a unique lifestyle to suit your specific requirements.
Perched high on a mountaintop, nestled on almost 200 acres of natural tropical rainforest, this magnificent one-of-a-kind property has a panorama of stunning uninterrupted views over the Coral Sea, from Rocky Point, past Low Isles to Port Douglas and further down to Double Island and Cairns. To top off the unparalleled coastal scenery, the 180-degree mountain and waterfall views complete the 360-degree panoramas.
Mt Somerset is close to everything, yet completely private and serene. Just minutes from shopping, restaurants, medical and commercial facilities, beaches, golf course, bowls and other sporting and entertainment activities. And right in the middle of the Far North Queensland jewels of the Great Barrier Reef, the Daintree Rainforest and the Atherton Tablelands.
The newly built large, modern “penthouse in the rainforest” has every conceivable luxury, designed for minimum maintenance and maximum appeal and enjoyment.
Features and inclusions:
· Three king bedrooms with en-suites and walk-in robes, one with a study
· Large guest bedroom with home theatre and en-suite (or home office or gym)
· Open plan lounge / dining / kitchen / bar
· Jaw-dropping views from every room
· Newly built with modern styling & neutral decor
· Designed and engineered to maximise the site with minimal maintenance
· Over 600 sqm indoor and outdoor living areas
· 1,500 bottle climate-controlled wine cellar
· Oasis hot tub with integrated heat pump
· Wood-fired pizza oven and fire pit
· Sophisticated home automation & security
· Five smart televisions (4K UHD in the lounge and home theatre)
· Five-zone (13 speakers) Sonos / Bose home entertainment/music streaming system
· NBN Fixed Wireless internet with high-speed ethernet
· Fully air-conditioned and ceiling fans throughout
· Fully furnished and equipped indoors and out , nothing to spend
· 15kw off-grid solar system with battery storage and backup generator - no electricity bills
· 150,000 litre rainwater tanks - no water bills
· Separate rustic cottage with bed/sitting room, camp kitchen, bathroom and toilet
· Large unenclosed shed and s olar-powered security gates at entry
· Over 5 kms of w ell maintained all-weather driveways and tracks (partly bituminised)
· Established fruit orchard (mangoes, lychee, avocado, various citrus)
· New 130 sqm 5 bay implement shed (one bay closed in for storage) with power and water
· 2001 Toyota Landcruiser Utility with tipper tray
· 2008 John Deere 28 HP compact tractor with mower, loader, trailer and sprayer
· 13 HP Greenfield ride-on mower with trailer
· Opportunities to extend the existing accommodation and living areas
· Acres of elevated flat grassed areas for further lifestyle development (e.g. swimming pool, tennis court, helipad, gardens, etc)