Farm located in the parish of Romariz, municipality of Santa Maria da Feira.
Stone house, from the 18th century, completely renovated, consisting of two floors and an entrance patio at ground level, with a fully walled perimeter, with good characteristics for tourism and family residence.
This farm house is located in the heart of Romariz Village and it has very good road accesses:
It is 30 minutes away from Porto, being 3km away from the A32 highway.
It is less than 5km away from the centre of the closest City - S.Joao da Madeira, 10km away from Santa Maria da Feira city centre where there is access to A1 highway Porto/Lisboa and 15km away from the IC1 highway Porto/Aveiro.
The farm is has a 2 story main house and also independent storage.
Deployment area - 312 m2
Building area - 450 m2
Storage area - 72 m2
Garden area - 1000 m2
Rural area - 1120m2
Total ground area - 2570m2 (sum of deployment, garden and rural areas)
This is a 2 story rural Farm House made in granite stone with a courtyard by the entry.
In The Ground level there is 11 rooms: 1 big courtyard by the entry with staircase all in yellow granite from this region, 2 big dining / living rooms with a fireplace - one side leads to the courtyard and the other side has views and access to the garden, 2 kitchens - one is fully equipped and has a fireplace and the other one is a rustic kitchen with the traditional firewood oven, 1 wine cellar with an old granite wine press, 2 storage rooms, 1 laundry room, 1 bedroom with an independent complete bathroom and finally 1 guest toilet room between the kitchen and the dinning room.
In The First floor there is 9 rooms: 3 suites: big bedrooms with complete bathroom, one of them has a closet room and another one has a living room, 3 other bedrooms with a complete bathroom, 1 office / library with fireplace and 2 corridors and staircase with plenty windows and natural light.
The storage area has a garage for 2 cars and a shaded shelter for another 2 cars plus storage for garden equipment and engine room.
The main house entrance has a large door and staircase that is connected with the courtyard all in granite. There is also another independent entrance for the garage and garden.
In the garden there is a traditional threshing floor and granary (typical corn drying shed). There is also a big granite tank where the water reflects the house facade.
All around the property there is a wall more than 2 meters high made in granite stone.
It is in the south west side of the property that you find the garden with decorative plants and grass.
There is a variety of threes, all of them fully-grown and in good condition allowing a perfect shade.
The rural area is in a lower level and creates a landscape of an agricultural valley.
From a technical and construction point of view, here are some of the characteristics:
- Walls are resistant and wide (more than 70 cm), made in granite from this region, offering a stable structure;
- The pavements and roof slabs are in pre-strained beams (Maprel);
- The interior walls are made of brick and plaster masonry;
- The courtyard, outside staircases and the traditional threshing floor are all in yellow granite with big dimension stones;
- All the interior floor is made of a exotic wood - Kambala;
- The kitchen and toilet walls and floor are laid in high quality ceramic tiles;
- The window frames and shutters are in lacquered wood;
- The windows have double-glazed glass;
- Central heating system (gas);
- All the infrastructures such us: electric power, phone, domestic water, storm water and sewage systems - are all in excellent condition and comply to the legislation that applies;
- The garden has an automatic irrigation system;
- There is a water mine and also a water well equipped with water pump;
- 2 access points for the public water system
- Garage door for car access
This building has some arquitectural value for being associated to different stages and construction dates.
The Main House is more than 150 years old and has a 'U' shape with a courtyard in the centre - from the entrance door down through the staircases - its all covered in yellow granite from this region - also the walls are built in granite and around each window the stone is visible.
There is an interesting relation between the 2 floors having the social and garden areas on the ground floor and the private rooms upstairs.
The house is in good conditions as there was a big renovation made intended for personal housing.
It is a property with big potential in Rural Tourism considering the functional separation of social and private spaces and also taking into account all the historical features related with the agriculture past.
It has the advantage of having good road accesses and being in a very quiet location.
The solar orientation (east/west) is excellent and from the house there is a panoramic view with strong agricultural characteristics with a wide green rural landscape.
Energy Rating: F